[VPM] Printing one line over several lines

Carl B. Constantine cconstan at csc.UVic.CA
Thu Mar 27 13:45:34 CST 2003

*On Wed Mar 26, 2003 at 07:15:01PM -0800, Peter Scott (Peter at PSDT.com) wrote:
> >the idea being to try and fit the report into 80 columns as much as
> >possible. Quit frankly that header could be slightly different, like say
> >the rp & tp and the test printers down a line or two, but the principle
> >is the same.
>
> Yeah, that's pretty gross, and the right justification sucks.
>
> I don't have time to test this, but something like this perhaps:
>
> my @split_names = map split_name($_), @allPrinters;

interestingly, I get an error on the above line even though I put this
section of the code in a new routine to test it out:

Global symbol "@split_names" requires explicit package name at
resPrint.pl line 617

but, I/you used "my @split_names" so what is it complaining about a
global for? Nothing like that exists anywhere else in my code.

--
Carl B. Constantine         University of Victoria
Programmer Analyst          http://www.csc.uvic.ca