[VPM] database frontend II

nkuipers nkuipers at uvic.ca
Fri Mar 21 14:12:21 CST 2003

Hello fellow Mongers,

I gave some thought (though you'll probably conclude, "not much") to the
layout of afore-mentioned database frontend, and put together a skeleton so
that you can get an idea of what I am trying to accomplish.

You can find it at http://www.csc.uvic.ca/~nkuipers/title.html

Basically, it consists of a welcome page, a [very preliminary] documentation
page, a [not yet password protected] search page, and some links.  The search
page is a form who elements are not yet active.

I welcome any criticism on the layout/design, and any tips for making it
better.

So, I have a postgres database being populated as I write, and a nice looking
frontend.  Now is the hard(?) part, designing and writing the guy who sits in
the middle.  I've all but decided on using HTML::Template as my main tool, and
am studying its documentation again.  Again, any advice for how to proceed
securely is much appreciated.

Have a great weekend,

Nathanael