[VPM] a little bit of perlophilia

abez abez at abez.ca
Fri Mar 14 18:20:01 CST 2003

I like it!

Here is my rather large helloworld:

Ok do not change any of the spacing it actually relies on that and it contains nathan's message

Start cutting here --------

#Hi everyone,  I was playing with Perl at 2:30 this morning.  My play tu
#rned to "Hello World!".  Don't ask me how my brain works, but this is what came out:  sub getName  {
#(shift)->{name} } print "Hello ", bless({name => "World! "})->getName;  It's object-based (I think, anyways
# when I threw a "ref or die" into getName it printed properly), doesn't use any explicit variables, and run
#s under strict and warnings pragmas no problem.  When I consider each line carefully, I realize there is actua
#lly a lot of going on there  in
#the way of shorthands, default behaviors etc., and I remember my very first days  with
#Perl, and realize I've come a little ways.  :)  Anyways, reminiscing aside, I thought I would put this out  to
#you all as an opportunity to creatively breathe new life into "Hello World!".  I'd love to see what people came u
#p with.  If it turns out to be a fun and interesting thread, I'll post this on PerlMonks.  Cheers,  Nathana
#el ################################################################################################
seek DATA,0,0;
while(<DATA>){
	chomp;
	print chr(length($_))
   if /#/;
}
__DATA__
---------- End Cutting here

The string it prints is "Hello World\n" (evaluate it).

abram

--
http://www.abez.ca/ Abram Hindle (abez at abez.ca)