[VPM] ANNOUNCE: Rosetta 0.05 ... and the next meeting

Wed Mar 5 12:39:52 CST 2003

For those interested in looking, I have uploaded release 0.05 of my
Rosetta database abstraction framework.  You can see it at:

http://search.cpan.org/author/DUNCAND/Rosetta-0.05/

While the framework is not complete enough to use practically, this
release is significant in that it is the first to actually have code in
it, rather than just documentation.  I have fully coded, documented, and
tested (79 tests) my first Rosetta module, Rosetta::Schema::DataType.
Technically the module is release quality and can be used, but I would
expect it is too simple to be much use by itself.

Regardless, if nothing else, feel free to look at this as an example of a
simple module that is cleanly designed and completely documented and
tested, in my opinion.  So at our next meeting you can get an idea of some
ways that we could work on Nathaniel's Bio modules to improve them.  (Not
that I know their current state.)

-- Darren Duncan