perl.com catches up with victoria.pm

abez abez at abez.ca
Thu Jan 23 20:59:34 CST 2003

That's somewhat funny. They give a good example of automating the banking.
I like the idea of using the HTML Tokenizer.

I presented my OOP Perl lecture to the rest of my software engineering 430
class. It went pretty well, one person said , "Why would you program OO in a
scripting language it's so slow especially for the web.".

I then informed them that Mod_perl's performance is 4th of all the apache
modules, being beaten by mod_html and C and mod_ssi.. So speed with OO really
isn't much of an issue. He pulled out the PHP card and claimed he made a
comparison between Perl and PHP and PHP was faster. I told him he was using
CGI instead of mod_perl and CGI is slower.

It was good. Some people got to see the cool features that perl has to offer.

abram

--
http://www.abez.ca/ Abram Hindle (abez at abez.ca)