[VPM] Question

Thu Dec 4 16:03:19 CST 2003

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003, abez wrote:
> Is there anything for perl which works almost exactly the same as
> mod_php ? I need to know for future arguements. I mean each instance is
> safely sandboxed away from the rest so they don't blow up as well as the
> interpretter is running all the time (mod_perl) and possibly embedding
> available?

So you want something like mod_perl but that isn't mod_perl?

There is something called FastCGI which you could look at.  I haven't used
it, but it seems to be popular.  Supposedly its as fast as mod_perl, but
it is less powerful (can't access all Apache features), though it may have
the isolation thing.

Also, have you tried Apache 2 and mod_perl 2?  The former is fairly
stable, apparently.  The latter is unfinished, but it may have what you
need.

So what do you need exactly?

-- Darren Duncan