[VPM] Next meeting

Tue Aug 12 15:47:04 CDT 2003

Peter Scott said:
>So who's up for meeting next week?  Are there many folks out of town?
>
>Tentative topic: presentation on the Template Toolkit by moi.
>
>Any other suggestions welcome.
>
>When shall we meet?

I should be fine with next week.  I suggest Wednesday but am fairly open.

As far as a topic, what you suggest could be good, since I know little to nothing about Template Toolkit.  Something else I also wanted to know more about is SAX.  Both of them sound like something that I might use if I knew what they were good for, but I have had trouble finding a good introduction.

Also, never mind on my request for how to compile Perl from source; I figured it out and did 5.8.1rc4 successfully last week, under Mac OS X 10.2.6.  (I also timed the process, but forget where I wrote the numbers; it was fast, though.)

On the other hand, I still haven't tried to compile optional Perl extensions like DBI or GD yet.

-- Darren Duncan