Mac OS X.2 (Jaguar) detailed review by John Siracusa

Thu Sep 5 17:14:33 CDT 2002

Hello.  This is a cross-post to Victoria tech groups I am in, but there's
something for everyone.

Continuing the long tradition of excellence, John Siracusa of
ArsTechnica.com has just today published a detailed review of the latest
version of Mac OS X (code-named Jaguar).  You can see it here:

http://www.arstechnica.com/reviews/02q3/macosx-10.2/macosx-10.2-1.html

For those not familiar with this series, John has published reviews of
every Mac OS X version since DP2 in 1999, since then including DP3, DP4,
Public Beta, 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, and a couple others in between.  I have
also read every one of them when each was new, and I can follow them
fairly easily.  Each of the reviews has been around 14 pages long, with
judicious use of pictures or diagrams, and has taken me over 2 hours to
read.  But they are well written, educational, and never boring.  The
articles cover a lot of features, user interface issues, and how-it-works
technical information, done to please either a traditional Mac user or a
Unix/Linux user, and programmers or other people who like to know what's
so great (or missing) about Mac OS X.  There's even speed tests on two
different machines.

I don't know what else John Siracusa has written, but I find his Mac OS X
series the best overview of the OS that I have seen anywhere.

-- Darren Duncan