your DBIx::Abstract perl module

Peter Scott peter at PSDT.com
Fri Nov 22 12:50:41 CST 2002

At 11:34 PM 11/21/02 -0800, Darren Duncan wrote:
>1. To my knowledge, joins are always for relating records in two
>tables, so they don't need to be very complex like where/filter
>conditions are.  Also, join conditions are always anded/intersected
>and not ored, are they not?

There are admittedly rare conditions where they are not.  I encountered
these in Oracle classes.  I would have to look up the notebooks for
examples, but there are legitimate reasons for joins which do not use
exact equality conditions.  But all you need to do is add an optional
extra parameter which is the operation.

--
Peter Scott
Pacific Systems Design Technologies