next meeting's topics

Wed Nov 13 10:48:20 CST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, nkuipers wrote:
> I may have a short blurb to contribute if you are all interested.  This
> Thursday evening I am attending a 2-hour lecture by Lincoln Stein.  Lincoln is
> one of the bigwigs in the bioperl project so you can bet Perl will be a point
> of discussion in this lecture.  If I come away with anything interesting, I'd
> be happy to share it.
> Cheerio,
> Nathanael

I know who Lincoln Stein is (originally because he wrote CGI.pm), but does
he live around the Victoria area or are you travelling?  While I'm not a
biologist myself, I do have a friend who teaches biology at UVIC or
something (Ben Koop, if any of you know him).  He told me that he had met
Lincoln on one or several occasions through his biology connections.  I
might even be interested in meeting him if it is practical. -- Darren
Duncan