Perl interacting with C++

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Fri Nov 1 09:52:23 CST 2002

At 06:06 PM 10/31/2002 -0800, nkuipers wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>A friend of mine is very interested in Perl but does the bulk of his
>programming in C++.  He's currently writing a game, and he wants to be
>able to
>extract information from a (for example) QuakeII config file.  He knows
>enough
>of Perl to realize that it is ideal for that sort of thing.  Is there a
>way to
>have C++ sit on (talk to?) Perl or vice versa?  Could he shunt out from his
>C++ to a perl script that does it's thing and returns findings for use in the
>C++ program?  If so, where should I tell him to look for information?

Abram told you what to do for C.  If your friend is hell bent on using the
extensional features of C++ (and has a good reason for it), then he might
drop a line to Chip Salzenberg.  Whatever there is to know about combining
Perl and C++, Chip knows it (at one time he was working on what was going
to be Perl 6, codenamed Topaz, written in C++).

Peter Scott
peter at psdt.com
http://www.perldebugged.com