Victoria.pm - inaugural meeting?

Peter Scott Peter at PSDT.com
Tue Jan 29 11:55:39 CST 2002

Greetings!  After entirely too many months since I created this list, I
figure it would be a good idea to have an initial meeting of the Victoria
Perl Mongers.  When I have a venue arranged, I'll copy the announcement
outside the list to the nearby PMs and Victoria Linux Users' Group, one
time only, to see who else might want to sign up.  Right now we have
accumulated 9 members without significant promotion.

I'm on travel a lot - Perl trainings :-) but so far the beginning of March
is clear.  I could use ideas or assistance with a meeting place.  Left to
my own devices, I'd pick a downtown restaurant for 6pm on a
weeknight.  (I'm out near Sooke, so my own location doesn't enter into
it.)  Does anyone have any suggestions?

As for topic - Perl 6 will fuel meetings for years to come, if anyone else
has suggestions bring 'em up.  I can also bring pictures (shameless plug)
from the last Perl Whirl cruise.  Which was way, way, cool.