Meeting

Thu Dec 12 14:10:13 CST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Peter Scott wrote:
> Okay, Monday the 16th it is.  I'll send out another notice closer to
> the time.

I wasn't fast enough to get my vote in.  However, I don't forsee any
schedule conflicts at this time, so monday should work for me as well.

> I'll talk about using Test:: modules to follow the eXtreme
> Programming (XP) dogma^Wmantra^Wprinciple of writing tests before code.

Funny that you should bring this up.  While not exactly the same thing, I
was planning to write the *documentation*/specification for my new RDBMS
module before writing the code, since it is new enough that I don't know
entirely what it should do yet.  Writing documentation first would help to
solidify this, and allow people to comment on the spec prior to committing
anything to code.  In fact, I would probably make my first upload to CPAN
in that form, perhaps as version zero; the next release, version 0.01
would have some code, which is enough to do something useful (what my app
is currently using).  Or should the docs-only first release be 0.01?  I
wasn't going to start writing tests immediately for this module, but if
our meeting shows me how to do it quickly/easily then I just might do it
from the start after all.

-- Darren Duncan

P.S. This is my current idea for a DSLIP.  The 'a'lpha status recognizes
the early release that, while the code works, it may be subject to heavy
changes so one shoudn't count on the interface staying unchanged.

Name-------------- DSLIP 12345678901234567890123456789012345678901234 Author-
DBIx::
::Portable         adpOp Framework for RDBMS-generic apps and schemas DUNCAND