[Van-pm] Next Van.pm meetup: open data hackathon

Luke Closs lukecloss at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 00:04:48 PST 2009

Hey folks,

Konobi asked me to let everyone know that for our december meeting we're
going to crash the Vancouver Open Data Hackathon next Wednesday at the City
Archives:

https://www.socialtext.net/vandata/index.cgi?open_data_hackathon_december_2009

There are lots of opportunities for projects that can directly help people
here in Vancouver based on Open data and open government.  Perl is such a
great language for integrating with different feeds and I'd love to see lots
of great tools written in Perl.

There will probably be some people with ideas that need hackers, and some
existing projects that could use help.  I was thinking of working on a
crowdsourced tool to analyze election campaign finance data, and I could use
people interested in building some visualizations based on the APIs I'm
making, and with improving the APIs.

We should be back to a more traditional Van.pm meeting in the new year.

Hope to see some of you at the hackathon,
Luke