[Van-pm] New website, upcoming hackathon, and next meeting

Chris Simmons simmons.chris at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 16:48:19 PDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Peter Scott <Peter at psdt.com> wrote:
> At 04:15 PM 4/16/2007, Chris Simmons wrote:
> >Since we'll have a few extra perl enthusiasts in town that week, I'd
> >like to organize a meeting for Wednesday, May 9th, at the Sophos
> >offices (580 Granville Street, downtown Vancouver). I'm thinking 7pm
> >for a start time, and I'll try to organize some sponsorship for pizza
> >or some other edible. I've already got one or two ideas for
> >presentations, but anyone who would like to present something, from a
> >5 minute lightning talk to a 30 minute in-depth talk, please let me
>
> I'm coming to the hackathon because Casey's a friend, but my schedule
> and budget don't extend to making two trips from Victoria to Vancouver
> that week so sorry I won't be there.  Looking forward to meeting some
> Vancouver.pm people at the hackathon.
>
> --
> Peter Scott
> Pacific Systems Design Technologies
> http://www.perldebugged.com/
> http://www.perlmedic.com/

No problem, Peter - I'll see you at the hackathon.

Would you be interested at all in doing a presentation at some PM
meeting in the future? I know it's a bit (a lot!) of a commute for
you, but if you're ever in Vancouver it'd be great to have you out.
I'm not asking you for a commitment or anything, just extending an
open invitation.

For those of you working with legacy Perl systems (and even those who
aren't), I highly recommend Peter's book Perl Medic. It's a good read
and has a lot of valuable advice for cleaning up others' mess (and
stopping yourself from contributing to said mess).

-chris