Perl 5.8.0 is released

Nicholas Clark nick at unfortu.net
Fri Jul 19 16:16:58 CDT 2002

In case you've not read use.perl, slashdot, the london.pm list or anything
else carrying the news, Perl 5.8.0 is out.

It has now escaped to various CPAN mirrors (although not ftp.demon.net last
time I checked.)

However, the fine folks at flirble.org have it on their mirror (located in
Soho, and well connected), accessible via both http and ftp:

    http://cpan.m.flirble.org/src/perl-5.8.0.tar.gz
    ftp://cpan.m.flirble.org/pub/lang/perl/CPAN/src/perl-5.8.0.tar.gz

You can use IPv6 to get it, or IPv4 if you really must. :-)

$ host -t aaaa cpan.m.flirble.org
cpan.m.flirble.org      CNAME   philes.flirble.org
philes.flirble.org      AAAA    2001:6F8:604:0:0:0:0:1
$ host cpan.m.flirble.org
cpan.m.flirble.org      CNAME   philes.flirble.org
philes.flirble.org      A       194.70.3.50

The release announcement is at http://dev.perl.org/perl5/ in English, Chinese
(both simplified and traditional) Japanese and Korean.

[Time to test how well your browser displays 16 bit fonts]

Nicholas Clark

----- Forwarded message from Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi at iki.fi> -----

list-help: <mailto:perl5-porters-help at perl.org>
list-post: <mailto:perl5-porters at perl.org>