TPM: Perl execution method question

Sam Hart hart at physics.arizona.edu
Tue Mar 4 17:55:32 CST 2003

(I'm not sure if this list is used much for anything, there's no archive
as far as I can tell, so excuse me asking this on this list if that's not
what the list is for... also, I just subscribed, so I have no backhistory
to reference ;-)

I am writing a script which will have a variety of calling methods
dependant on its usage (as a mail wrapper, CGI script, and even from the
command line) and I can't seem to find a way to tell the scripts execution
method (without just checking for %ENV values that may or may not be
portable).

Anyone know of a way to tell in Perl how a perl script was ran?

--
Sam Hart
University/Work addr. <hart at physics.arizona.edu>