[tpm] Lightning Talks tomorrow / I have been somewhat pre-occupied

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:23:51 PDT 2022

Hi All,

Tomorrow night we'll be having our annual Lightning Talks session, starting
at 7pm ET. The URL for the meeting is on the meetup.com website  (
https://www.meetup.com/toronto-perl-mongers/events/287909563/).

Things on my end have been complicated by the fact that I've been on
vacation for the last ten days in the Maritimes. Friday night I was at a
B&B in Charlottetown after my nephew's wedding, when Hurricane Fiona
struck, knocking down a number of trees. Naturally, we lost power, and it
sounds like it's not going to be fully restored for a week or two. In
addition, one of the falling trees landed squarely on my cool VW Golf. (Sad
trombone.) This vehicle is now a Collection of Parts To The Highest
Bidder, and TD Insurance is dealing with it.

Since I now have no car, I am doing a Planes, Trains and Automobiles thing
to get home to Toronto. So far, I'm currently in Moncton, and I'll fly home
tonight, giving me about 24 hours to get things fully organized for our
session tomorrow.

This adventure will explain why my communication with you has been a little
sparse over the last few days. No worries, home soon. :)

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, The Perl and Raku Conference 2023 / Toronto, Ontario
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com