[tpm] July meeeting, Kickoff meeting for TPRC 2023 in Toronto

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 23 11:26:01 PDT 2022

Hi All,

I hope you are all staying cool this summer .. it's been a hot one.

Our July Perlmongers meeting is scheduled to take place virtually this
Thursday, July 28. I don't have a presentation scheduled, but if you have
something you'd like to give a talk on, let me know.

On August 3, I'll be hosting the kickoff meeting for The Perl and Raku
Conference 2023 in Toronto. If you'd like to take part, please join me at
730pm at this Google Meet: https://meet.google.com/tmo-caoz-rkd

I'll be on the door as well as acting as Chair, so the first ten minutes
will likely be me letting people in. I don't have an agenda yet, but I
wanted to send out the date for the meeting. I'll be talking about the
preferred date (June 21-23, 2023) for the conference, the location
(downtown Toronto) and I'll be asking for Things To Do Around Toronto (I
already have a few). That's in order to make the visit to Toronto be less
of Yet Another Technical Conference and more of a vacation where there's
also three days of cool technical stuff and networking going on.

Finally, as I'm going to be busy organizing for the next year, I'd
appreciate it if someone would like to take over hosting the monthly
Toronto Perlmongers meetings. You could take it over completely, over just
for the next year, if that's all you'd like to commit for.

Thanks All!

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, Sponsorship Committee, TPF / https://www.perlfoundation.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com