[tpm] September meeting confusion (again)

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 12:47:38 PDT 2021

Hi All,

Due to my continued inability to read a calendar, and the fact that the
annual Lightning Talks meetup is a separate event from our monthly meetup,
we had a small meeting last Thursday on the 23rd, because I just knew that
was the last Thursday of the month. Ugh.

Of course, the last Thursday of the month is the 30th. My bad. For those of
you who missed it (because you actually do know how to read a calendar), we
talked about a) interview questions, b) Fulko explaining how a Wifi-enabled
smartplug's protocol can be reverse-engineered, c) running Lima (Linux on a
Mac) for the purposes of doing Docker like stuff and d) how sqlplus (the
command line utility for Oracle) could be upgraded to provide readline
capabilities (like psql).

I'm just back from driving around the GTA for 4+ hours running errands, so
I'm going to step away from the computer before I make any more mistakes,
but when I return, I'm going to cancel the annual Lightning Talk event so
that it never messes me up again. And I'll probably get into the habit of
mentioning the date of the next meeting early in the month so I can make
any corrections that may be necessary.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, Sponsorship Committee, TPF / https://www.perlfoundation.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com