[tpm] Looking for ideas for a Lightning Talk

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Wed May 26 18:25:59 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

To give you a heads-up on the topic I want to discuss tomorrow night (no,
not the whole night): I'm chairing the Sponsorship Committee at The Perl
Foundation, and during the last meeting, someone suggested doing a
Lightning Talk about it at TPCiC. So, as one does, I've accepted the
challenge.

The general themes I'm looking at are:

- Getting a company to be a sponsor -- they've probably have money in a
budget somewhere.
- Getting developers to be sponsors -- a small recurring amount would
really help TPF.

But these themes are kind of dry. How do you tell an engaging story about
that?

So I'd love to hear some ideas from you that I can put into this talk. I
don't know if it would be a Top Ten list. It could also be Problem?
Solution! type page (I laugh at the TV commercials like that -- the
bumbling citizen filmed in black and white, followed by the thoroughly
contented customer with a huge smile, filmed in colour.)

No pressure -- I've got at least two weeks.  Gulp.

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, Sponsorship Committee, TPF / https://www.perlfoundation.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com