[tpm] Lightning talks - testing setup

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Fri Sep 25 08:09:09 PDT 2020

> a) I have no idea why my microphone didn't work with this conferencing
> software.

Suppliers of meeting software, (Zoom & similar) don't seem to pay a lot of
attention to setup testing. It's very difficult if it requires
coordination with someone else. Skype provides an automatic call-test, to
determine the basic functions. Any "meeting" package ought to offer a
dummy meeting that will check connectivity, microphones, video, &c. If it
offers a tutorial on the interface, (though that should be redundant),
that's even better.

A commercial package, Gotomeeting https://www.goto.com/meeting is quite
tolerable, though my view may be somewhat biased as I had some
instructions on how to use it for my training courses.