[tpm] UDP broadcast/receive problems

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 19:22:04 PDT 2020

On Fri, Oct 9, 2020 at 8:41 PM Fulko Hew <fulko.hew at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to accomplish what I thought was easy, and yet I can't get it
> to work.

... snip ...

As a followup to my own message...
After having run my app a million times, and looking at the traffic on
Wireshark...
this last time (which I can honestly say I never saw before) I saw an ICMP
message
telling me my 'host was administratively unreachable'.
So I turned off the firewall on Fedora, and I now see my inbound message.
Yesterday I _was_ thinking it could have been a firewall issue, but I saw
nothing
in the transactions to lead me to believe that was my issue.

Perhaps my earlier (same single socket) version of code had other issues
and yet didn't cause ICMP to complain.

Problem solved, for now.
Next up would be 'how do I configure the firewall to (temporarily) accept
incoming UDP to the same port as an outgoing UDP used?

Thanks for listening.
Fulko