[tpm] Talks for the May meeting

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Thu May 14 19:16:50 PDT 2020

Hi All,

We will have two talks at this month's meeting, on Thursday May 28:
--> Sergio S is going to talk about Migration of Perl to Modern Perl and to
Other Languages (e.g., .Net).
--> Alex B is going to talk about Using Goto statements and how that
relates to Memory Allocation. There will be some Perl and some C.

As we've been doing for a while now, this meeting will be virtual, using
streamyard to stream the talk. The meeting's stream will be archived to
Youtube. I'll start streaming at 650pm, and we'll go live about 7pm. I will
send out the URL to the mailing list and post it on the meetup.com page. I
understand there was an E-Mail glitch on this mailing list last month -- if
you don't get an E-Mail by 655pm, swing by the meetup.com page to get the
URL.

Looking further out, I want to remind everyone about the Conference in the
Cloud that's replacing the live conference (originally planned for
Houston). You can find all sorts of information here:

    https://perlconference.us/tpc-2020-cloud/

It's only $10, and gives you three days of excellent talks. There will be
additional rooms for a hallway track. Since that event is going to take
place at the end of June, we will not have a June TPM meeting.

That means the July meeting will be the next meeting we'll need speakers
for -- if you have an idea for something to talk about, let me know, and
I'll gladly add you to the agenda.

That's all I have for now. Stay home, be well, and wash your hands!

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com