[tpm] Reminder: Jim Keenan will give a talk on Perl 7, this Thursday at 7pm

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 16:40:36 PDT 2020

Hi All,

As the meetup page says [1], on Thursday night Jim Keenan will give a talk
about Perl 7 -- you can view SawyerX's recent talk at the Conference in the
Cloud (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wPMh-3qYJM) for background on this.
At the presenter's request, this talk won't be streamed to Youtube --
you've gotta watch it live!

Jim and I just finished doing our tech rehearsal, and everything looks to
be working fine. As before, I will start the broadcast at 650pm on
Thursday, and will then post the streamyard URL to the mailing list and on
the meetup.com page. Click on that URL, I'll see you in the Control Room
and I'll add you to the broadcast. Please feel free to join un-muted so you
say hello as you join.

We'll start more or less at 7pm -- Jim has asked that questions go into the
chat, rather than having questions during the presentation. When we get to
a natural pause, I'll pass the questions on to Jim.

That's it -- looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Alex

1. https://www.meetup.com/Toronto-Perl-Mongers/events/dtdtrrybckbfc/

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Chair, Sponsorship Committee, TPF / https://www.perlfoundation.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com