[tpm] April meeting this Thursday

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 17:49:25 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I hope you are staying well and relatively sane during these trying times.
As you may have guessed, our meetings are going to be virtual for some time
-- I'd like to take this opportunity to again thank Sachin and
Flightnetwork for hosting the last eighteen months (or so) of our meetings,
and for providing pizza and beer to go with.

Tonight, Sergio, Dave and I did a dry run of the streamyard site for doing
presentations, and we have figured out our audio/visual challenges. I
therefore BANISH all A/V gremlins from this month's meeting. We've been
there, done that, and won't make those mistakes again.

I will circulate the streamyard URL for our meeting at 650pm Thursday night
once I have the broadcast up and running, and I'll also post that on the
meetup.com website so you can join in. Because of Covid-19, video meeting
sites are somewhat overwhelmed right now, so I may have to mute everyone
not presenting, in order to maintain decent audio quality. We'll play it by
ear. (Heh.)

See you Thursday!

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com