[tpm] This week's meeting?

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 13:30:45 PDT 2019

Hi All,

My apologies about the confusion. I'm recovering from surgery last week, so
a couple of things slipped by me in the last few days.

There are two meetup.com events with conflicting information, the monthly
meeting and the annual Lightning Talks meeting. They are the same event (I
should have looked more closely at upcoming events). Rather than delete one
of them, and cause even more confusion, I'm going to leave them the way
they are. AFAIK, Sachin has corrected the one that pointed to the old (TEK
Systems) location. Our monthly meetings are being held at Flightnetwork for
the foreseeable future. That may change.

I plan to use the streamyard.com service to stream this month's talks to
the TPM Youtube account, and I'll post the URL as soon as I can. As I've
only used this service in Test mode, I'm not fully aware of its
capabilities. I don't know if we can do remote presentations (I suspect
not), so I'd ask the folks who are doing lightning talks to be prepared to
share either your Google Drive presentations, or be prepared to transfer
them to a USB drive. My new laptop does not have MS Office, so I cannot
show Power Point presentations natively. I do have an HDMI out cable, so
should be able to put the presentations onto the big screen.

We'll discover what new technical challenges await us this Thursday.

Cheers,

Alex

On Tue, Sep 24, 2019 at 9:59 AM James E Keenan <jkeenan at pobox.com> wrote:

> On 9/24/19 9:41 AM, arocker at Vex.Net wrote:
> >
> > Lightning Talks at the usual place?
>
> I received meetup.com email announcing *both* "Annual September
> Lightning Talks" at Tek Systems *and* "Perlmongers monthly meeting" at
> Flight Network -- both at 7:00 on Thursday.
>
> Color me confused.
>
> In any event, my question is:  Will meeting be streamed?  (As I will be
> in NYC)
>
> Thanks.
> jimk

Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com