[tpm] September: Lightning Talks!

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Tue Sep 3 19:28:53 PDT 2019

Hi All,

September is here, and this month's meeting (for as long as I can remember)
has been a series of lightning talks. So far, we have four talks scheduled,
in no particular order,
1. Alex B / That module he's always working on
2. Cees H / TBA
3. Shawn S / TBA
4. Stuart W / TBA
I'm now imagining that Alan might also have volunteered for a talk.

Typically, lightning talks are five minutes -- after which the presenter is
enthusiastically gonged off the podium. Depending on how many talks we
have, my plan is to gong (politely) at the five minute mark, then perhaps
have some discussion about the talk. It's flexible -- the goal of these
meetings is education and entertainment, without too much protocol.

I'm looking into replacements for Google Hangouts (why, Google, why?), and
my research has come up with streamyard.com as a possibility. I'll try it
out over the next few days and let everyone know how that's going.

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler / Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Operations Manager / Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com