[tpm] Job Opportunity

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 12:18:43 PDT 2019

I've come across this job opportunity (from a former co-worker).

It's for a full time position, or (possibly) a long term 6 month+ contract.

If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Fulko

Job Description

The Senior Software Engineer will be an integral part of the development
team which will re-engineer parts of our sports application to be portable
and cloud ready.  This includes removing dependencies on physical servers
(local file storage), NFS filesystems and older datastores (like Berkley DB
and perl storable files)  Best practices and design methods will be
utilized to ensure the success of the project.

Required Qualifications & Skills:

   -

   Extensive understanding of Object Oriented Perl Programming and Design.
   -

   Experience developing web applications in Apache/mod_perl.
   -

   Working knowledge of Linux OS environment and basic shell scripting.
   -

   Well-rounded knowledge of web serving, data structures, DB design,
   caching strategies
   -

   Experience with MySQL, MongoDB, Memcache, Redis, and/or equivalent
   SQL/NoSQL technologies
   -

   Familiarity with Docker containers, web APIs and development frameworks.
   -

   Experience with AWS environment and migrating to the cloud
   -

   Experience with unit, integration, and regression testing
   -

   Ability to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and
   team-oriented environment
   -

   Experience with HTML, CSS and user interface design.
   -

   Familiarity with using version control systems (SVN and git).
   -

   Knowledge of sports and fantasy gaming products are a plus.
   -

   Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
   -

   Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field