[tpm] git wip and git unwip

Shawn Sorichetti ssoriche at sackheads.org
Fri Sep 28 06:04:19 PDT 2018

I also stated that I would share the aliases I use to accomplish the same type thing.

  wip = commit -am "WIP"
  undo = reset HEAD~1 --mixed

- wip takes anything that isn’t committed and creates a new commit with the message WIP
- undo takes the last commit, removes it, and leaves the files that were modified in the commit in their modified state

The undo alias can by used on commits other than those committed as a WIP, which is very useful but care needs to be taken.

I have been curating different git aliases and methodologies over the years with thoughts of putting them together into a full talk. If there’s interest I can put these together for an upcoming meeting.

~Shawn
--
Shawn Sorichetti