[tpm] July meeting at new location (sort of)

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 07:23:42 PDT 2018

Hi All,

Thanks to Shawn for his presentation last night on plenv and Carton -- ways
to easily have multiple Perl versions available for development and
testing. I still have to have a look at the video that Google Hangouts
recorded -- there may be some editing required.

As usual, there were technical complications, but once again, we managed to
work around them. I swear the Google Hangouts UI conspires against me.

Our July meeting is going to be at a different location than Tek Systems --
Sachin has offered us the use of Flight Networks' conference room for the
meeting on July 26. The good news is that they are in the same building as
Tek Systems, just up on the 14th floor.

Over post-meeting drinks, Shawn, Cees and I discussed some topics, and Cees
mentioned he'd be up for a talk on UTF-8, but that it may not be ready for
our next meeting -- so I'm open to receiving suggestions on a topic.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler, Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Board Member, Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com
Certified Contest Administrator, Barbershop Harmony Society /
www.barbershop.org