[tpm] July meeting followup

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 06:57:42 PDT 2018

Greetings all,

Thanks to all of the attendees of last night's Perlmongers meeting, and big
thanks to Zoffix for zooming through his double presentation of Regular
Expressions in Perl 6 / Performance in Perl 6. It was a lot of information,
but it was also really fascinating to hear about.

Thanks also to Sachin and FlightNetwork for hosting our meeting this month,
in the Most Excellent meeting room I think this group has had in recent
memory. With this fabulously equipped meeting room, the Google Hangout was
up and running before 7pm. The only difficulty was Windows somehow putting
my laptop's keyboard into a weird mode that prevented Zoffix from entering
< and > characters. I'm sure there are a few nerds in Redmond, WA who know
what happened, but I sure don't.

Our next meeting will be Thursday, August 30, hopefully again at
FlightNetwork. There was some talk last month about preparing a
presentation on UTF-8 in August, but that may not happen -- so if you have
an idea for a presentation, please contact me.

In September, we traditionally have Lightning Talks, presentations limited
to just five minutes, so put your thinking caps on about that one --
everyone probably has a little something they can talk about for five
minutes.

Enjoy the weather, and see you next month!

--
Alex Beamish

Software Developer / https://ca.linkedin.com/in/alex-beamish-5111ba3
Speaker Wrangler, Toronto Perlmongers / http://to.pm.org/
Baritone, Board Member, Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com
Certified Contest Administrator, Barbershop Harmony Society /
www.barbershop.org