[tpm] LWP hack night report

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 12:36:25 PDT 2017

Thanks to everyone who participated last night, both locally and remotely.  I feel like we got some good work done.  We got a lot of tickets migrated from RT to GitHub.  Some of that is still ongoing today.  We got some existing issues closed and some existing pull requests merged.  There's also some new code in the form of pull requests to look at.

Based on how things went last night, I wonder if folks would be interested in an evening where we talk about how to contribute to open source projects using GitHub.  There were a few questions around forking, cloning, updating existing pull requests etc.  We could talk a little bit about etiquette and strategies for ensuring you're not wasting your time when submitting work etc.  I figured I'd put that out there to see if there is interest.

I also started watching the video of the Cees's Postgresql talk from last month.  I'm not finished, but I've already learned a lot.  I highly recommend it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_yuWYCY6ik

Olaf