[tpm] Looking for Cpan Module for Parsing Metadata of Ebooks, Audiobooks and Comics

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Sat Jun 3 18:24:44 PDT 2017

On Sat, 2017-06-03 at 06:17 -0400, Alex Beamish wrote:
> [...]
> > metadata parsing
> > for mp3s,aacs,cbr formats,mobi,epub, and pdfs. I also plan to use
> > it on a
> > rather large set
> > of directories with thousands or maybe even tens of thousands of
> > files and
> > therefore it needs
> > to parse rather fast with efficient use of my resources.

If it's too slow you could use a database - for a fast tree store I use
BaseX with the Perl API, although that does mean learning the XQuery
language - which is at least fairly standard across databases from IBM
DB2 and MS SQL Server all the way to NoSQL MarkLogic or (as here) open
source BaseX.

In other words the way I'd approach this would depend on the uses I was
going to make of the metadata.

Liam