[tpm] Looking for Cpan Module for Parsing Metadata of Ebooks, Audiobooks and Comics

nick xerofoify at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 15:09:55 PDT 2017

Greetings all,

I am looking for a CPAN module to help build a search tool for my collection of ebooks,comics and
audiobooks. I was wondering what modules there are to read metadata as I would like this tool to
parse based on opinions passed to it for metadata information like author,published date, file
type i.e. It does not need to work for media codecs for TV shows as that is just going to be
stored in another program to search like my music. The module must support metadata parsing
for mp3s,aacs,cbr formats,mobi,epub, and pdfs. I also plan to use it on a rather large set
of directories with thousands or maybe even tens of thousands of files and therefore it needs
to parse rather fast with efficient use of my resources.

Thanks for the help,
Nick