[tpm] Opportunity / COBOL, SQL and Perl (seriously)

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:21:30 PDT 2016

Hi all,

Sorry I couldn't attend tonight's meeting -- I do love Lightning Talks.

A recruiter from the agency I'm currently working through is looking for
someone with COBOL and Perl:

TEKsystems’ client is one of the world’s largest digital and print
communications companies. They have a company location in Mississauga, ON,
and are looking to hire a Perl Developer with COBOL and SQL background to
migrate applications from Unix to Windows.

Please feel free to reach out to Wen Chen if you are interested in learning
more about this role. She can be reached at 905-283-1291 and
wchen at TEKsystems.ca.

I expressed puzzlement that an organization would move server platforms
from Unix to Windows, but that's someone else's decision -- all I can do is
shrug.

Hope to see you next month.

Cheers,

--
Alex Beamish

Baritone, Board Member, Toronto Northern Lights, 2013 Champions /
www.northernlightschorus.com
Certified Contest Administrator, Barbershop Harmony Society /
www.barbershop.org
Cast member, The Music Man! / Opens Nov 3 /
www.facebook.com/scarboroughmusictheatre