[tpm] Next Tuesday's meeting

James E Keenan jkeen at verizon.net
Wed Jul 13 09:33:58 PDT 2016

I plan to be in Toronto from Sunday to Wednesday or next week, so I'm
hoping to attend the toronto.pm meeting next Tuesday at Influitive.

I've learned my lesson about trying to drive to Toronto in February. ;-)
  So unless I have massive car trouble I'll see you then.

By the way, the directional link in the meetup.com "See you at" email I
got today was problematic.

Every time I clicked on this link:

https://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=43.647861,-79.392906

... I was redirected to my *home* location in maps.google.com.  This
occurred repeatedly in both Firefox and Chromium and notwithstanding
turning off geolocation, closing and restarting the browser, making sure
I wasn't logged into a google account, etc.

I discussed this on freenode #nycbug and was told that that link lacked
a "zoom level".  When I changed the link to:

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.647861,-79.392906,15z

... Toronto at last appeared in the browser.

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan