[tpm] Strawberry or ActiveState Perl?

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Fri Mar 20 00:32:47 PDT 2015

Hi J Z,

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 15:15:34 +0000 (UTC)
J Z Tam <jztam at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Just setting up a QA box running Win2012 and was wondering which Perl to
> install.My hope is to be able to validate all our perl scripts under various
> versions, with the goal of getting to the latest revision. Our old Windows
> Servers (Win2008)   previously had ActiveState5.10? installed and running
> smoothly, but am wondering what the issues are with respect to:1.
> UNinstalling the respective Perl stack if needed.  How thorough and clean the
> uninstall works for both Strawberry and ActiveState. 2. perlbrew.   IIRC
> Strawberry allows you to installing multiple revisions and you merely re-SET
> the PATH variable in the calling sequence you wish.  As for ActiveState,  I'm
> not up to speed.

To quote an earlier message of mine on the same topic:

<QUOTE>

Chuck Norris/etc. Facts - http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/bits/facts/

  <rindolf>  Barbapappa: Buffy Summers > Chuck Norris
<preaction>  so, Chuck Norris is a vampire?
  <rindolf>  preaction: no, but in the Buffyverse, he’s getting pwned by Buffy
    — #perl, http://is.gd/grdEqT