[tpm] Call for August presentations (Mojo)

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 07:31:08 PDT 2015

Hi Alex,

> On Aug 16, 2015, at 5:10 PM, Alex Beamish <talexb at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I've been doing some Mojo in my copious spare time (yes, I'm looking for a job), and could do a talk about Mojo, but I'm reluctant to present Basic Mojo if everyone's already seen that.

Based on the response to my call for presentations, I'd say that we don't have a lot of Mojo users in our midst.  Also, we were going to team up with another user group for this meeting, which will have a lot folks who are new to Perl.  I think a "getting started" presentation is actually what we are looking for here.

> Mojo is actually quite similar to Dancer (or now Dancer2), which has been around for a couple of years.

In some ways, but the routing is different and certainly the philosophy behind dependencies is quite different.  Since a lot of wheels go reinvented, it's good to be aware of some of the differences.

> I've been contemplating a project where I implement Twitter as a Mojo application -- it's a large, ridiculously complicated project, but if I start with just the basic schema and work up from that to a web frontend it could be interesting.

I'd be very interested in seeing something like this.  How long would you like to speak for?

Thanks,

Olaf