[tpm] Feedback requested: day of meetings

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:47:40 PDT 2014

I quite like the change of venue -- The neighbourhood is a bit classier
than Yonge/Bloor (Burgundy's -- ew), and it's a little easier to get into
the meeting room than Global Knowledge. it's a touch further, but that's
really not a complaint. (And I have to get back to that awesome burger
place at King/John for supper!!!)

Changing the meeting from Thursday to Wednesday is fine for me. Mondays are
the no-go zone for me (except for July and August).

Thanks for asking!

Alex

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:40 PM, Dave Doyle <dave.s.doyle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi TPM,
>
> So, as many of you know, we've shifted our meetings this year, so far, to
> the OANDA offices at the Hyatt Regency at King and Peter due to the
> impending loss of Global Knowledge.  Up to now, I have negotiated with
> another group that has the boardroom booked for every other Thursday but I
> can't continue doing that.
>
> For the June meeting, I have gotten last Thursday of the month. However,
> starting in July, it is not available for several months.  Would you all be
> okay for July, August and September to be the last Wednesday of the month?
>
> As of October, I can get back to the last Thursday but we will return to
> not being able to have it a few months later.
>
> So, is the last Wednesday of the month okay when the Thursday is not
> available?  Is it preferable to just permanently move to Wednesday for
> consistency?  For reference: Tuesdays just aren't available and Fridays are
> an awful day for a tech meet up in my opinion. I suppose we could look at
> Mondays but... bleh.
>
> For that matter, are y'all okay with OANDA as a venue or do you want to
> look for something else?
>
> What say ye?
>
> Thanks,
> --