[tpm] sys call length limitation

Antonio Sun tpm.ats at spamgourmet.com
Tue Jan 21 15:20:05 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 3:12 PM, Antonio Sun wrote:

I.e., I need to pipe the matching string ($1, content between tag HttpBody)
> to an external program via shell. As you can tell, if the matching content is
> too big for shell parameter length, my script will fail.

Found out that the limitation is actually how much characters one can stuff
in between ``:

  $ echo "`cat HttpBody`" | wc -c
  238566

  $ cat HttpBody | perl -e '$s = <>; print length $s; print `echo $s`'
  238566

I.e., the echo works fine in my shell, but not ok under Perl.

Any way to increase the sys call length limitation, ie the limitation how
much characters one can stuff in between ``?

Thanks

Antonio