[tpm] Thank you!

Scott Williams Scott.Williams at globalknowledge.com
Tue Aug 19 14:59:49 PDT 2014

Perl Mongers:

Alan Rocker came by my office this morning and presented me this quite delightful pen set. I was incredibly touched by the gesture -  thank you! The pens are engraved Perl Mongers 1999-2014, and it has been my great pleasure to have supported TPM in some small way for that time. I recall in the early days it went beyond just classrooms; I believe the original listserv was on a Willcam server, and I think we even hosted the TPM web site for a time. Of all the 'C's in business (Company, Customer, Competition, etc.) I think the most important to me is Community. So much has changed in those 15 years (Willcam became CDI, then Nexient, now GK), but I'd suggest that the value of a technical community like TPM has remained constant.

Thank you for the opportunity to have been associated with you.

Scott.

[20140819_174201.jpg]

Scott Williams
President, Global Knowledge Canada