[tpm] Devel::hdb - Visual debugging, in a web browser

J. Bobby Lopez jbl at jbldata.com
Fri Oct 11 05:29:53 PDT 2013

The problem here is that we have decision makers who have some experience writing maintenance code or doing system administration, and who likely consider themselves (and have convinced their superiors as such) that they are technically savvy. Most often in my experience these individuals are making decisions on what software to use based on what is popular in industry, by influence of marketing or familiarity (they are used to previous versions of the same product). And these decisions are usually not informed by any understanding of software design or language theory. And so it goes that new and shiney often wins against the mature and seemingly unremarkable.