[tpm] Skype on Linux

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 12:53:17 PDT 2013

I've also used Skype on Linux multiple times, with a USB headset. If I
haven't used it in a while, I always make a test call before I want to use
it to make sure that it works properly.

Strangely enough, I haven't used it on Windows 7 until a few weeks ago --
the same USB headset worked fine for me there as well.

Alex

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 3:02 PM, <arocker at vex.net> wrote:

> Has anyone any experience with setting this up?
>
> When I installed it yesterday, and checked the operation with the test
> site, everything worked. When I needed to use it today, it received and
> reproduced sound, operated video in both directions, and left me imitating
> a goldfish, because it appeared not to accept sound input. (I'm not sure
> exactly where the microphone is supposed to be on my machine, but it
> didn't seem to matter for the first test.)
>
> I know I should be using Ekiga, but I need to talk to a Skype user. (If
> interoperability is possible, I'll consider that.)

Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario
aka talexb