[tpm] upcoming meetings

Alex Beamish talexb at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 09:20:28 PDT 2013

While I was momentarily surprised by moving our October date (that was my
left-brain speaking), it makes total sense, especially since it sounds like
attendance would be much better if we have our meeting a week earlier.

As long as Global Knowledge is amenable, I think we should definitely move
the date to October 24.

Alex

PS And perhaps make that a permanent rule for this group -- even though
this issue won't reappear until 2019. :)

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Dave Doyle <dave.s.doyle at gmail.com> wrote:

> Changing meeting cycles is a really bad idea; not least because then we
>> have to trouble Global Knowledge to rearrange the date. Unless a
>> significant number of people would be inconvenienced, I would urge
>> reverting to the normal date.
>>

> With respect to Global Knowledge, that is a real issue.  However, would
> you say the same if our meeting date fell on Christmas?  I think we need to
> be practical here.  Doing Hallowe'en will impact us pretty strongly
> attendence-wise I think (me, for one).

Alex Beamish
Toronto, Ontario
aka talexb