[tpm] YAPC Post Mortem this week

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Mon Jun 24 10:31:56 PDT 2013

On 2013-06-24, at 12:09 PM, Fulko Hew wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Antonio Sun <antoniosun at lavabit.com> wrote:
>>
>> +1 for G+ hangout.
>>
>> I had two or three sessions with my team using G+ hangout, and the
>> experience was positive. I was actually amazed how well the G+ hangout was
>> doing. But I don't know how well the G+ hangout will be for such event,
>> because the speak would be away from the laptop most of the time doing
>> presentation. I guess it'd required a laptop with a pretty good mic that
>> could clearly pick up sounds from 2 meters away (or maybe we need a
>> wired/wireless mic?).
>
> Been there... done that...
>
> My kit bag, has the microphone and the 'long' cable I used when I still
> had the time to record/publish our meetings.
> Its available for use.
>
> And regarding the wireless approach...
>
> I tried that too... with an in-expensive wireless mic.
> It didn't work, because the neighborhood is just too RF noisy.
> ... and I wasn't going to go out and buy an expensive setup;
> so I just went back to the 'wired' approach.

I think the wired mic would work, or I can just sit at my laptop for the presentation like Matt and I did last time.  :)  I also have a USB Yeti Pro mic I could bring, which would mic the speaker as well as the room, so that may not be a bad thing. It has an omnidirectional setting. Do we need small speakers so that folks on G+ can communicate via audio to the room?  Should I bring an extra monitor so that we can show the hangout screen to everyone in the room without having to project it?

Olaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf.alders at gmail.com

http://www.wundercounter.com
http://twitter.com/wundercounter

866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
416 944 8306 (direct)