[tpm] Tomorrow's Google Hangout

Olaf Alders olaf.alders at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 18:16:03 PDT 2013

Tomorrow's meeting will also be broadcast as a Google Hangout.  We've decided to try a "Hangout on Air".  If I understand correctly, we can start the Hangout at the meeting from the TPM G+ account and then invite people in our circles.  Up to 9 people can join in the Hangout directly.  Once we've got people in the Hangout, we'll click the broadcast button and then a stream will be available for anyone else who wishes to watch.  We can then archive the stream on Youtube for posterity, assuming the speaker is on board with this.

The rules for how Hangouts on Air work are posted here:

https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2459411?hl=en&ref_topic=2553242

Maybe a few of us can try a demo hangout earlier in the day tomorrow to make sure it's a smooth process.

So, basically, if you want to get a G+ notification when the hangout starts, add Toronto PerlMongers to your G+ circles (see my earlier email).  If you miss the first cutoff and want to watch a stream we'll post the hangout URL on our G+ page, Twitter and via email once we've gotten started.  This should all take place around 7 PM tomorrow evening.

OLaf
--
Olaf Alders
olaf.alders at gmail.com

http://www.wundercounter.com
http://twitter.com/wundercounter

866 503 2204 (Toll free - North America)
416 944 8306 (direct)