[tpm] Fwd: [Boston.pm] Perl community "The Rising Costs of Aging Perlers"

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Tue Jul 23 10:59:23 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 13:40 -0400, arocker at Vex.Net wrote:
> I fear becoming boring about the ludicrously
> specific requirements in job descriptions. (See my postings about purple
> unicorns.)

There are several reasons why a job posting might be really specific:
. you've already got a specific candidate, maybe you need to advertise
for canada immigration rules, for example
. it can be hard to get a job posting past HR people without specific
requirements
. most often, you put into the list everything you want and know you'll
have to accept less.

It's actually worth applying in all three cases - even where there's a
specific candidate already chosen, if someone better comes along the
firm might hire both of you.

Liam