[tpm] Fwd: [Boston.pm] Perl community "The Rising Costs of Aging Perlers"

arocker at Vex.Net arocker at Vex.Net
Tue Jul 23 07:59:09 PDT 2013

> The linked article was interesting reading for me, and seems in tune with
> conversations I have had over the past few years.
>
> Mike

I agree with the article. I'd like to know how Python manages to attract
new recruits, because it doesn't seem to have the same problems.

I'd be happy to train new recruits, (preferably for money), but apart from
India, where are they? (Frankly, given the current job market, it's hard
to justify recommending anyone become a programmer.)

There's also the problem that it's better to be paid a modest salary than
not hired at a higher one. $50,000 or so/year would look very attractive
at the moment.