[tpm] trouble with unicode versus octets

Fulko Hew fulko.hew at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:59:53 PDT 2012

I have a problem (so what else is new!) that I haven't yet found a solution
to ...

In my app, I receive strings, massage them, and 'push_write" them to
an AnyEvent
socket.

Occasionaly, my app receives a unicoded string...
so when the write happens, Perl (inside the AnyEvent module)
dies with the error:

   Wide character in subroutine entry at ...

What I haven't figured out yet is, how to coerce the character string into
an octet string (for the rest of its life, ie. in subsequent modules)
so the warning/dying goes away.

TIA
Fulko